Toppr is India’s best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying for boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. Toppr enables students to study comprehensively and perform at their best in CBSE, ICSE, State Boards along with JEE, NEET and other competitive exams. Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures).
Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 20L+ registered students in classes 5-12, who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr has experienced phenomenal top line growth (400% over the last year) at a significant contribution margin, making it one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
The company has sales offices in 15 cities from where students can get access to further counseling assistance. The aim is to double the city presence by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Developer with the following qualities:
- A smart iOS hacker having substantial experience in developing, enhancing and maintaining applications aimed at a range of iOS devices including iPhone & iPad.
- Someone with an ability to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Ability to work within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Bring new ideas and technologies to the table that can improve our product or process.
The Senior iOS Developer will be working with a highly competent & performance oriented Engineering team.
- Deliver high quality, well-tested code on a regular basis for Toppr App on the iOS platform.
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs. Also help maintain code quality, unit test cases, organisation, documentation and automatisation.
- Develop applications for time-sensitive projects while considering business/system requirements.
- BE/BS/BTech in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of practical experience.
- Proficient with Swift and Cocoa Touch.
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms.
- Experience working with unit testing tools and familiarity with Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with third-party libraries and Cocoapods for dependency management.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- Understanding of XML and JSON web services.
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools such as Instruments.