ABOUT THE ROLE
Toppr is looking for a General Manager - Sales. A GM is responsible for hiring and training salesforce, meeting sales targets in his/her territory, and delivering month-on-month growth. Sales GMs manage 30-40 direct reportees. As profit & loss owners of their sales territories, they achieve targets by analyzing data, running operations, and strategizing next steps. Which is why, GMs at Toppr must be charismatic leaders who balance people skills and operations management effectively.
The GM is one of the most demanding positions at Toppr and will report to VP, Sales.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE SALES TEAM
- Owning a big pie of the business: Own a business unit with a 1 crore/month top-line and watch your revenue make a widespread impact.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to become the future VP.
- Perks and bonuses: We appreciate your effort by providing exciting perks and bonuses tailored specifically for Sales GMs.
- Learn from the best: Learn from leaders whose teams have brought over 25x growth over the last 2 years.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
- On-boarding session: Toppr’s journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
- Getting to know the team: Spend time with the marketing, product, and sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr’s product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Planning your goals: Understand how you’ll drive local business across the country by setting benchmarks and implementing strategic moves.
By Day 30...
- In-depth knowledge of the product: Gain a deep understanding of Toppr’s offering, its competition, and the transformational outcomes it helps students achieve.
- Adding new members to your team: Interview, hire and onboard talented employees for your team.
- Hosting review meetings: Hold individual pipeline review meetings and weekly team meetings.
- Receiving better leads: Partner with marketing to drive new business from targeted campaigns.
- Ownership of your team goals: Help the sales team to achieve revenue goals by delivering on your team’s monthly objectives.
- Your ultimate target: Grow your Sales Unit to a one crore per month top-line with a contribution margin of 50%.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED... SO FAR
- Education: MBA/PGDBM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs).
- Experience: At least 3 years work experience and spent 1 year managing large teams.
- Soft Skills: Excellent communicator and relationship builder. You have worked collaboratively with marketing and product teams.
- Responsibility: Taken ownership of top-line and profit targets for your team while being in a revenue-driven role.
- Sense of data: Experienced in data driven marketing, including ROI / investment strategies / scaling.
- Building your team: You have an eye for great talent and the ability to unlock the potential of high performing teams.
Toppr is India’s leading edtech company with a mission to make leaning personalised. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 40 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, and Eight Roads.
We have a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy at Toppr.