Toppr is India’s best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying for boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. Toppr enables students to study comprehensively and perform at their best in CBSE, ICSE, State Boards along with JEE, NEET and other competitive exams. Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures).
Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 20L+ registered students in classes 5-12, who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr has experienced phenomenal top line growth (400% over the last year) at a significant contribution margin, making it one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
The company has sales offices in 15 cities from where students can get access to further counseling assistance. The aim is to double the city presence by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Lead Android Developer with the following qualities:
- Smart Android Developer with an ability to take ownership of our continued efforts to scale mobile app development across Engineering, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code
- Take ownership of end-to-end product requirement and maintaining quality, from developing to maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful
- To create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
- Ability to work within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Driving the roadmap for Mobile Engineering with the key goal to drive a phenomenal user experience for our consumers on on our Android Application.
- Driving high software development standards within the mobile engineering team and oversee the execution of all projects across all android platforms.
- Drive right architecture choice, implement cutting edge technology and optimize re-use where it drives value.
- To work closely with the Product, Engineering and Design team to drive engineering delivery for all projects across all client platforms while ensuring consistency of user experience
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience of 5+ years.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great understanding of Android design guidelines, SDK and excellent Java skills
- Experience in TDD.
- Excellent eye for detail, ability to code designs to the dot.
- Love for coding, with the ability to intuitively pick up and use any new language/protocol/ framework.
- Great energy, get stuff done, and thrive in a startup environment.
- An eagerness to learn and teach new disciplines, methodologies, stay up to date with the community and develop best practice