Toppr is India’s best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying in 5th to 12th grades. Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 28 Lakhs+ registered students who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr’s personalized learning solution enables students to study comprehensively and excel in their boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. The learning app is catering to students studying in various boards like CBSE, ICSE, State Boards across various streams like Science, Maths, Social Science, English, Commerce etc. It also caters to the students preparing for various exams like JEE, NEET and others.
Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures). Toppr is a young and fast growing organization and is on the way to become one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
Key member of the core Pedagogy & Product development team. Drive product development for 5th-10th or/and 11th-12th grades. Lead a team of Subject Heads, content developers, creative design and production teams to deliver high quality self-learning materials in various formats such as animated and interactive videos, assessments, notes etc. The candidate will carry responsibility to maintain a culture of innovation & creativity to make student learning simple and effective. Work with technology team to ensure content-product alignment. Use data and analysis to improve product quality.
- Lead a team of subject heads who lead team of content developers. The role will span over either 5th-10th or/and 11th-12th grades.
- Also lead support teams such as creative design and production (for animated & interactive videos) and ensure that they align well with the content development team to achieve desired output.
- Create a roadmap for product development and delivery for all subjects. Ensure timely delivery.
- Project management & resource allocation.
- Maintain a culture of student centric approach by bringing innovation & creativity in content design and production.
- Drive Pedagogical improvement by attending lesson design discussions (blue-prints).
- Review lesson scripts, storyboards (for videos) and final videos before publishing.
- Design and manage efficient processes for content development and production across all grades and subjects. Track progress and take appropriate action as needed.
- Responsible for quality control.
- Build and manage the team efficiently. Mentor and groom them for their professional development.
- Lead content-syllabus mapping and alignment. Design content modules (smallest teaching units) in a way that it can integrate well with the technology platform and can be mapped across grades and syllabus.
- Work closely with technology/product team to enable content-product integration.
- Play active role in improving user experience & performance through enhancement in user interface and app functionalities.
- Define metrics and analyze data to measure engagement levels and performance of students. Identify gaps and take necessary action.
- Constantly look for ways to improve engagement levels and performance of the students through improvement in pedagogy and content design.
- PhD/Masters/MBA/Bachelors/Engineering degree.
- At least 8 years of experience in content development/teaching, project management and team management.
- Pedagogy expert- can drive a team to improve teaching methodologies.
- Excellent team & project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Can make data driven decisions.
- Excellent in verbal and written communication.
- Carries entrepreneurial mindset and suitable for start-up culture.