ABOUT THE ROLE
Toppr is looking for its Vice President of Sales. In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing Toppr’s sales organization and developing high-performing teams. You’ll lead, inspire, provide direction, and guide the day-to-day operations of your sales team. You’ll help over 100 million people know that Toppr is India’s best learning app.
So, if you can drive both strategy and execution, are analytical and creative, are a visionary leader and a great people manager, we’d love to talk to you!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THE SALES TEAM
- Work with the best: Learn from leaders who have built Toppr from the ground up. Work with down-to-earth, highly experienced, and insanely ambitious colleagues.
- Have a seat at the table: Become a part of Toppr’s Senior Management team, which is responsible for long-term strategic direction setting.
- High-growth startup in an ever-growing industry: India’s online education industry is an ever-expanding pie and is poised to grow to $2 billion in 3 years. Over the last 3 years, Toppr has grown over 50x and we aim to grab a big chunk of this ever-expanding pie.
- As the business grows, you grow: We want Toppr to be built from within. We look at you as someone with the potential to make Toppr a $10B company and become the future CEO of Toppr.
- Complete ownership: We look at you as a zonal CEO and want you to run your zone like it’s your own company. You’ll have the freedom to strategize, control your zone’s P & L, and run experiments to increase the zonal revenue.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
- Understand Toppr’s journey, mission, values, future outlook, and footprint across India.
- Spend time with the Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to get up-to-speed on Toppr’s product, marketing, and sales strategies.
- Internalize Toppr’s customer success stories and best practices.
- Gain a deep understanding of Toppr’s offering, its competition, and the transformational outcomes it helps students achieve.
By Day 30...
- Become part of company’s Senior Management team, which is responsible for long-term strategic direction setting.
- Ownership of team goals: Motivate your teams to achieve top-line (~INR 100Cr/$16M annualised) and profit targets for your Business Units (BUs). Design sales incentive plans to enable goal attainment.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and sales leadership to drive consistent growth including taking responsibility for hiring and training the Sales team.
- Responsibility of growth: Responsibility of MoM growth in your territories. Take ownership of expansion and revenue generation in all unexplored territories in your regions.
- Special projects: Dig deeper and pick a project that matters to Toppr and its success.
- Watch your work make an impact beyond your region.
- Upkeep brand value: Establish Toppr’s brand value and ensure its consistency across all media channels i.e., TV, print, social media, and BTL activities (events, seminars).
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED... SO FAR
Education: MBA/PGDM from Tier I Business School and/or B. Tech. from a Tier I college (IITs, BITS, NITs).
Experience: Minimum 7 years work experience with 4+ years managing large teams with operational complexity. Experience in a sales position within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment is a plus.
Knowledge: Commercial acumen and understanding of the edtech and educational industry.
- Leadership: Ability to move and inspire a large team in a unified direction towards a common vision.
- Communication and interpersonal skills:
- Humility: An approachable individual who is able to form strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Trust: Encourage openness and trust internally and externally.
- Active listening: Listen and respond to employee suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Motivation: Demonstrate a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- Data-driven: Keen interest in evaluating product/market situations, analyzing raw data, and transforming it into actionable strategies.
- Collaboration: Liaise with all teams to create and implement strategies, structure, budget, and vision.
Toppr is India’s leading edtech company with a mission to make learning personalised. Our adaptive after-school learning app for classes 5th to 12th is used by over 40 lakh students. We have the widest syllabus support that covers over 20 subjects, 20 boards, and 50 exams. We believe each child is unique with distinct learning needs. We are building Toppr as an adaptive platform to increase engagement, optimize learning and improve outcomes for all students. Toppr was started in 2013 by IIT Bombay alumni Zishaan Hayath and Hemanth Goteti and is backed by venture capital firms like SAIF, Helion, and Eight Roads.