Toppr is India’s best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying for boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. Toppr enables students to study comprehensively and perform at their best in CBSE, ICSE, State Boards along with JEE, NEET and other competitive exams. Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures).
Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 20L+ registered students in classes 5-12, who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr has experienced phenomenal top line growth (400% over the last year) at a significant contribution margin, making it one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
The company has sales offices in 15 cities from where students can get access to further counseling assistance. The aim is to double the city presence by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer with the following qualities:
- Ability to own the technical architecture of the product and ensure that it can scale to take on the anticipated load.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced environment.
- Proven expertise in architecting and delivering large scale Internet based applications.
- Problem Solver! Ability to come up with new innovative solutions to the hurdles that confront us on a day-to-day basis.
He/She will be a role model for good coding practice and enforce the same through activities like design reviews, code reviews etc. He/She should also be able to define the product quality standards and drive to improve them through design, code, test and automation strategies and reviews.
- Work with the CTO to ensure the vision is mapped to the product implementation
- Discover, design, develop, deploy, debug.
- Collaborate with the team and communicate effectively, within the team and with the rest of the organisation as well.
- Pioneer product ideas and implement them.
- Database design and optimization.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- BE/BS/BTech in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of practical experience.
- Knowledge of mobile application development - iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and counting.
- Good experience in distributed systems and relational databases.
- Good communication skills. Ability to influence the engineering team and other stakeholders.