Toppr is India’s best learning app that provides personalized learning for students studying for boards, Olympiads and various engineering and medical competitive exams. Toppr enables students to study comprehensively and perform at their best in CBSE, ICSE, State Boards along with JEE, NEET and other competitive exams. Toppr was founded in 2013 and is backed by Saif Partners, Helion Ventures and Fidelity Growth Partners (Eight Road Ventures).
Based out of Mumbai, Toppr currently caters to 20L+ registered students in classes 5-12, who are taking advantage of its deep-structured content and powerful adaptive algorithms. Toppr has experienced phenomenal top line growth (400% over the last year) at a significant contribution margin, making it one of the few sustainable start-ups in the Indian ecosystem.
The company has sales offices in 15 cities from where students can get access to further counseling assistance. The aim is to double the city presence by the end of 2017.
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Developer with the following qualities:
- Hardcore experience in frontend development with technical leadership.
- Proven expertise in building customer facing technology products for global customers.
- Ability to deal with a fast-paced environment.
- History with strong problem solving skills coupled with solid understanding of the full web technology stack including the backend layer.
The Lead Frontend Developer will be working with a highly competent & performance oriented Engineering team.
FEW OF THE CHALLENGES WE ARE WORKING ON..
- Real time analysis of large data sets to generate student's knowledge state.
- Predicting performance with least amount of input.
- Platform for teachers across India to create and review content as well as manage content projects.
- Customized CRM to help counselors quickly identify student needs and address them.
- Develop a high sense of ownership for your code and work closely with Product.
- Focus on code quality and deliver projects with high business impact.
- Working in a startup environment pushing boundaries with deep involvement with business.
- Work closely with the product management team in prototyping and designing new features and solutions.
- BE/BTech in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of experience on frontend development in a startup or similar work environment.
- A passion for making beautiful, smooth, delightful web experiences.
- Analytical/Data driven approach to problem solving.
- Great energy, get stuff done, and thrive in a startup environment.
- An eagerness to learn and teach new disciplines, methodologies, stay up to date with the community and develop best practices.
- Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks and an eye for details is a must.
OUR TECH STACK
- Nginx, UWSGI
- MySQL, Solr, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis